Sunday, April 19, 2020

Quarter 4, Week 2, 4/20 to 4/24

6th-grade Science:


Week of April 20 to April 24, 2020 - 

Wednesday is Earth Day and I'll be doing an Earth Day special Zoom session at 11:00 am. I'll record it like I did last week for those who miss it. In honor of Earth Day this week we are starting our Climate Change unit! (Kids are getting this YouTube Playlist to start the Unit!)


Students who aren't finished with their Hydro Dynamics Challenge Public Service Announcement (PSA) blog post can still work it and turn it in late (Here are sample PSA Blog Posts). That's okay. Their Water Pollution PSA and their Climate Change PSA work are all part of our Ocean Guardian School Environmental Stewardship Project!


Note: I jumped the gun on choosing Wednesdays at 11:00 am for my Science Zoom office hours. The elementary is currently working on a schedule to accommodate the entire school and Wednesdays might be the day for staff meetings. To that end, I might be moving my weekly Science Zoom meetings to Thursdays at 12:30 pm. I'll let your kids know on Classcraft and Google Classroom when that happens, and I will always post the Zoom Meeting link on Classcraft right before I start the meeting. That way we won't get Zoom Bombed!

BTW, if your kids are missing any of the Google Classroom classes, here are the codes again:
6th-grade Band Google Classroom Join Code: l7jksl6
6th-grade Choir Google Classroom Join Code: h5hrnlu
Mrs. Moriarty's Library Google Classroom Class Join Code for 6th grade: p3mp4lx
Mr. Meacham's P.E. Google Classroom Join code: zsvkjhe
Mr. Haddenham's PE Google Classroom Join code: w4pcyil
Mrs. Kaster's Counselor Google Classroom Join Code: ydz5zjb
Also, here's Mrs. Kaster's phone number if you need to contact her: 360-302-0041


No comments:

Post a Comment