Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 5, 9/30 to 10/4

(This may change from day to day depending on how much we actually get done in class so check back often to make sure something wasn't changed at the last minute.) 

 Last updated on Friday, Oct 4, 2013, 3:37pm

1st per - 7:45am to 8:37am 
2nd per - 8:41am to 9:33am 
3rd per - 9:37am to 10:29am 
Eagle Time - 10:33am to 11:00am
Lunch - 11:00am to 11:32am 
4th per - 11:36am to 12:28pm 
5th per - 12:32pm to 1:24pm 
6th per - 1:28pm to 2:20pm
6th grade Science

Monday - Today I got 6th graders working on their volcano work from before Cispus. I showed them where to find information for their Mt Saint Helens trip book page and students continued to work where they left off before our fabulous trip.

Cispus was a lot of fun and I enjoyed getting to hang out with all the 6th graders! 

HW - None unless you are missing something (see previous weeks).

Tuesday - Today is an early release day and I will see both my 3rd and 5th period Science classes.

Sixth graders will continue to work on their volcano assignments (or what we are calling quests). If you have any questions, email me.

HW - None

Wednesday - Today is an early release day and I will see my 6th period Science class.

Sixth graders will continue to work on their volcano assignments (or what we are calling quests). If you have any questions, email me.

HW - None

Thursday - Sixth graders will continue to work on their volcano assignments or quests. They are learning what makes volcanoes different including how lava can determine the different volcano types.

HW - None

Friday - Today was the last official class day 6th graders had to work on their volcano quests. Next week we're all moving on to Energy topics starting with a study of batteries.

HW - Only volcano quests if you're far behind.
8th grade Science

Monday - Today I checked in with 8th graders to see how much work they got done last week on their Biome Project.

Some teams are dragging and not even done with their research. Those teams that are either working on their biome movie script or filming are at a good spot. Many teams informed me that they will be ready to start working on their script tomorrow.

HW - If your Biome Project research is not done then catch up at home.

Tuesday - Today is an early release day and I will not see any of my 8th grade Science classes. 

HW - Whatever you need to be caught up (research!).

Wednesday - Today is an early release day and I will see both my 2nd and 4th period Science classes.

Teams should either start working on their Biome Project movie script (either an ad type commercial or a service announcement type commercial) or finish their scripts for approval to start filming their movies.

HW - Same as yesterday.

Thursday - Teams are still working on getting information on their biomes. Few have started to write their scripts and fewer still are beginning to film their commercials.

HW - None

Friday - Same as yesterday and it's been two weeks now. Next week teams have to start filming so we can move on.

HW - None
Email me with any questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment