Sunday, March 29, 2020

Quarter 3, Week 10, 3/30 to 4/3

6th-grade Science:

Week of March 30 to April 3, 2020 - 

In these unprecedented times I'm here to help your kids. Whatever your kids can do during this is great. Don't worry if it's taking longer than usual, that's to be expected. Tell your kids to check Classcraft everyday if they can or every other day or at least once per week. Whatever you can manage works for us at Chimacum Elementary School!

Here's what they can do for Science, especially if they are getting restless and bored: 

  1. Finish Hydro Dynamics Challenge (Here's a video playlist I recorded to help kids - the playlist link is on Classcraft for kids to watch - and if they ask me questions on Classcraft, I can help. I can record more videos to help any kid that needs more instruction - just ask.)
  2. Draft the water pollution Public Service Announcement blog post and submit it so that I can give feedback.
  3. Play the review physics Gimkit game. 
  4. Play the Water Pollution Kahoot game.
  5. Play any of the Science games on the Gonzalez Legends of Learning Playlists.
  6. Leave comments on each other's blog posts.
  7. Watch the Classdojo videos.
  8. Finish the Star Trek class story.
  9. Bonus: Play any of the many Hour of Code Games!
The videos on my playlist show kids how to access/find all of the above activities! But if they have questions, tell them to ask me and I'll record a video or Zoom with anyone live to help them through it. 



2 comments:

  1. Can you send me an email of the current counts of the fish in Chimacum creek? Wesley is the next farm owner and when we are able to assemble for the next county meeting it would be nice for him to speak about the state of our farm and about the number of fish able to make it through the creek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left our data at school. I don't know when I'll be getting in to my room again but when I do I'll get the data and share it!

    ReplyDelete