Sunday, October 1, 2017

Quarter 1, Week 5, 10/2 to 10/6

(This may change from day to day depending on how much we actually get done in class so check back often to make sure a deadline or assignment or homework wasn't changed at the last minute.)

 Last updated on Sunday, Oct 1, 2017, 6:45pm

1st per - 7:45am to 8:39am
2nd per - 8:43am to 9:37am 
3rd per - 9:41am to 10:35am 
Lunch - 10:35am to 11:05am 
4th per (Eagle Time) - 11:09am to 11:26am 
5th per - 11:30am to 12:24pm
6th per - 12:28pm to 1:22pm
7th per - 1:26pm to 2:20pm
(Click here to see Late Start/Early Release Day Schedules)
6th-grade Science

Monday - Today all students will be taking the first of three MAP tests to measure where students are at. We will give these MAP tests two more times this year to measure our students' progress. 

I will be giving the test to my Period 1 class, then Period 1 will have Science. I will not be seeing my Period 2 or 3 classes today.

For Science class, Period 1 will get to work on their 3D GameLab quests. Students need to complete at least the following quests:

  1. Tell Your Parents
  2. Lab Safety
  3. Notebooking
  4. How do we know about something if we can't see, hear, or feel it?
  5. Tech Use
  6. Blogging in Science
  7. Start Your Blog
  8. Let's Go Camping
  9. Mt Saint Helens Pear Deck
HW - Bring empty, clean 2L plastic bottles for Tuesday's Museum of Flight Rocketry activity.

Tuesday - We are on a Late Start and Early Release schedule today. Today we will have half of our classes so I will see my periods 1 and 3 classes.

Students will continue working on their 3D GameLab quests (see Monday for the quests kids need to have completed by the end of this week).

Wednesday - We are on a Late Start and Early Release schedule today. Today I will see my period 2 class. 

Students will continue working on their 3D GameLab quests (see Monday for the quests kids need to have completed by the end of this week).

Thursday - Today all students get to participate in amazing Museum of Flight events at school! Read here for more information!

I will get to have my Period 3 class for Science today so they will work on their 3D GameLab quests.

Friday - I will have a sub cover my classes today while I am gone to our regional Science Leadership meeting. I will be learning about the new Science assessment given at the 5th and 8th grades.

Today all students will be taking the second of three MAP tests to measure where students are at. 

The test will be given to my Period 2 class, then Period 2 will have Science. Period 1 and 3 will not have Science today.

Once Period 2 students are done testing, they can continue working on their 3D GameLab quests (see Monday). 
8th-grade Science

Monday - Today we will do the Lesson 2 reading on pages 20 and 21 together, practicing annotating the text.

HW - If you have any empty 2L plastic bottles, please bring them in for Thursday's Museum of Flight event.

Tuesday - We are on a Late Start and Early Release schedule today. Today we will have half of our classes so I will not see my 8th graders. 

Wednesday - We are on a Late Start and Early Release schedule today. Today I will see my 8th graders.

Today 8th graders will have time to complete their 3D GameLab assignments. Students need to complete at least the following quests:
  1. Lab Safety
  2. Notebooking
  3. Parent Communication
  4. Tech Use
  5. Electronic Portfolio
  6. Biome Journalism Project
  7. What is Weather?
  8. What Makes Air Hot?
  9. Convection Questions
  10. How Do Clouds Form?
  11. Weather 101
Thursday - Today I will be taking my 8th grade class to the Museum of Flight's Robot Garage!

Friday - I will have a sub today so that I can attend our region's Science Leadership meeting. I will be learning about the new Science test 8th graders will take this year.

Eighth graders will continue working on the following quests:
  1. Lab Safety
  2. Notebooking
  3. Parent Communication
  4. Tech Use
  5. Electronic Portfolio
  6. Biome Journalism Project
  7. What is Weather?
  8. What Makes Air Hot?
  9. Convection Questions
  10. How Do Clouds Form?
  11. Weather 101
6th-grade Keyboarding

Monday to Friday - No class on Tuesday due to our two-day Early Release schedule.

Our daily routine is as follows:
  1. Check Classcraft.
  2. Practice Keyboarding with All The Right Type.
  3. Work on the WoW in Schools curriculum using 3D GameLab.
HW - No homework is assigned unless a student falls behind. If your child falls behind, he or she can catch up on their Keyboarding and on their 3D GameLab assignments using any device that has an Internet connection. To practice keyboarding, a device with a full keyboard is best. Kids can also do their keyboarding practice and 3D GameLab assignments from home if they want to get ahead.
Email me with any questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment