Sunday, April 12, 2020

Quarter 4, Week 1, 4/13 to 4/17

6th-grade Science:

Week of April 13 to April 17, 2020 - 


By now I'm sure you know that school is going to continue virtually for the rest of the year, until June 19. As much as I am sorry that I will not get to work with your children face-to-face I am hopeful that we can keep the coronavirus away from our community by staying at home. All this physical distancing will keep us healthy but we can maintain our social interaction using Bloomz and Classcraft.  I hope everyone managed to have a nice spring break and a wonderful Easter.


I am also available to meet with students online via Zoom by appointment. I will also have office hours every Wednesday at 11 am via Zoom to check-in, answer questions, and connect with any 6th graders who can tune in. I will post the Zoom link every Wednesday in the Classcraft message area. ALL OF THIS IS FOR FAMILIES TO USE AS THEY SEE FIT. EVERYTHING HERE IS FLEXIBLE. I PROVIDE DUE DATES FOR THOSE WHO PREFER STRUCTURE. IF THE DUE DATES DON'T SUIT YOUR NEEDS, CHANGE THEM. 


Here's my video playlist to help students finish the Hydro Dynamics Challenge and Public Service Announcement this week as we get ready to start the next unit of study.


In addition to the Hydro Dynamics Challenge and Public Service Announcement students can also be doing the following (also on my video playlist):

  1. Play the review Gimkit games. 
  2. Play the Kahoot games.
  3. Play any of the Science games on the Gonzalez Legends of Learning Playlists.
  4. Leave comments on each other's blog posts.
  5. Watch the Classdojo videos.
  6. Finish the Star Trek class story.
  7. Bonus: Play any of the many Hour of Code Games!
  8. Bonus: The Great Optional Science Reading Classcraft quest assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment